Monday, February 11, 2008

dream journal



In my dream I've been in a play and cast members and I are headed to a party in my VW bug. I'm driving and the front seat passenger is directing me where to go. We head down a long dark road and he says to keep going. The road ends and we are at a cliff over the ocean. It is a stunningly beautiful view. The car does'nt t stop quite soon enough and we bump down to a little plateau and the brakes still don't work well enough to hold us in place and then we are in a nose dive down the side of the cliff. The ocean and rocks are hundreds of feet below but death is certain and I'm thinking, "I CAN'T BELIEVE I"M GOING TO DIE THIS WAY, but ok God, if this is how you want it, thank you for this life, thank you, thank you, thank you, and for all the non-believers in the car with me, bless them God, accept them, protect them."

And we keep heading slowly down the side of a cliff at a 90degree angle as though a large hand is holding onto the back of the bumper and slowly easing us down. And I just keep praying with gratitude for life.

And then we're not crashing, we're piling out of the car, passing under an overpass and into a open top cylindrical tank and it starts to rain and then big globs of white gook come flying down and I dodge out of the way quickly, to the shelter of the overpass and realize the other cast members are way up on the cliff throwing things at us and it's all a big joke.

No comments: