Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Dream Journal

In my dream, my friend Sonja and I arrive at an opulent, mosaic encrusted hotel on par with the Plaza in NYC, or the  Ritz? in Paris? Or the equivalent in Seattle, Wa.  We are there as co-hosts of a grand affair, a dinner party/celebration with china, cut crystal and green glass water goblets. 
We arrive before the celebration is to begin.  Service employee bustle about.  Soon it becomes clear that the tables will not be set in time and I begin to "pitch in" to help so that the party can begin as scheduled.  A multitude of tables must be set.  There are floors above and floors below...the green goblets are racked along the stair case.  I take some and begin to place them with the table settings.  

Soon, guests are arriving, the wait staff is clearly not prepared and I am crammed into kitchen and service space with the guests, looking for a way out.  I attempt to go downstairs in order to find stairs to come up and transcend this level. Some one says there are no stairs down.  And no elevator.  There is a stage and from where I'm standing?  The only way out is across the stage and out the curtains.
HMOG!

No comments: