Sunday, December 21, 2008

Maple Bars



In my dream my destination is an amusement park on the left hand side of my drivers seat.  I'm looking for parking...a place to park the vehicle, get out and ENJOY the destination I've found.  The exit I think I want is backed up with traffic so I push on to make a U turn. I pass a trinket store called YUMI and at the next light where I can turn left is  a panel of baskets full of pastries and MAPLE BARS is before me.     I order one from a man who is unfamiliar with maple bars.  My fear is that when he pulls the basket down from the top right, they will be gone.  He finds them, takes down the basket: I will  get one, because there are three.  

The amusement park represents everything I love: fun, amusement, good times, color, light and lots of energy.  The maple bar represents the best thing I had ever tasted back in 5th or 6th grade.  The  message of the dream is so clear to me:  TURN LEFT!  Park the car.  Get out and HAVE FUN!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mmmm-now I want Maple Bars!

Happy Holidays to you and yours.