Thursday, May 04, 2006

Phoenix



Like a phoenix rises from the ashes, I'm at least conscious enough to know that I am in the process of healing. I see myself amid the ashes at this point, but gaining headway everyday with a good measure of peace and calm.

I began the Bhagavad Gita on Sunday evening and have found great comfort there. I have created a new mantra for myself that keeps me focused on God, which is the essential point of the Gita.

All that I need dwells in me.
All that I am dwells in my heart.
All in my heart dwells in God.
I honor my Godly self.

The Gita also teaches that to do our work without attachment to reward is the way to keep ones focus on God. I do my work because it is what I do, not for gain or ego or reward. This is a novel concept to our western minds, but it's a goal I'd like to attain.

I've been saying for years now that my purpose in life is to learn the lessons of the human form, regardless of how many life times that takes. The ultimate goal however, is to be set free from the birth-life-death cycle and be absorbed into the "God" consciousness that is infinite Divine energy in the universe. If I'd found the Bhagavad Gita before now, I would have known that my theology is Hindu.

WHO KNEW, HINDU?

For this I am deeply grateful.

Connie

No comments: