Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Spiritual Madness and Redemption


It was into the shadows that I descended back in February when I set out to find what part of myself needed healing. I had been pulling the Black Panther card from Jamie Sam's and David Carson's Medicine Card deck for at least a year. The black panther was part of the Caddo tribe culture in the bayous of Louisiana, with her medicine of facing our fears and dark behaviors. "Darkness is the place for seeking and finding answers, for accepting healings, and for accessing the hidden light in truth.

She was a silent night stalker, waiting patiently for an initiate to seek out her protection for ventures into the darker recesses of the psyche and personality. She was the courageous totem/guide who took me into the depths of a spiritual madness that characterized a passionate foray into the realm of sexual obsession and she is the totem/guide who brought me back out again. Granted, I was temporarily broken and battered by the painful end of that particular adventure, but ultimately, I am DEEPLY GRATEFUL for the lessons I learned, the profound healing of old and buried wounds, and especially for the protection of grace in the form of Black Panther Medicine.

Namaste`

No comments: