Monday, October 10, 2011

Escalator

Gosh darn it ya'll, I'm just gonna say it. My prayer last night was
that if it was time, God, go ahead and take me. I used Zanax for
depression yesterday and found myself going down a VERY STEEP
ESCALATOR ! Carole Szetela know the kind I mean, where the incline is
so unfathomable that you can't help but wonder at the MANPOWER it took
to gouge a hole that deep in the earth in order to hide how
exquisitely rapid your transit can go.

For those of you who experience depression from time to time,
may I take the liberty of advising you
against Xanax
when things get so bad it's like riding the down escalator into
hell.
Such a course is tantamount to crying out to the stars,
come! make me an existential zombie,
ya know, cuz
maybe that's where I want to take my blues
but better, really, to pick up a bass guitar
and find a groove within the space of SOUND,
that says,
Ok. God. maybe another day.

And you never know,
you may ascend the UP moving
staircase to the sound of a symphony
so sweet and true that when you
alight from the last step, what you
find are two gifted musicians,
bassist and violin
recognizing your buddha nature.
playing Vivaldi for you. Just for you
and just cuz you were wearing a rainbow
scarf.

OM shanthi and blessings on your
dark night of the soul.

1 comment:

Donna Wynn (Yogiknitgirl) said...

Sending you much peace and love my friend! You are one of the strongest ladies I know and the most creative certainly. I have loved being connected with you, you give such radiance to those around you! Take time to care for yourself, you deserve it!
Yogiknitgirl
Donna Wynn