Monday, November 19, 2007

Retirement


I made an announcement yesterday to those gathered in my home for an open house, that as of the end of this year, I am retiring from the business of being in business so that I may more fully live my life as an artist. I felt so supported by my loyal friends and fans in making the announcement of change. Although I will undoubtedly continue to make jewelry, it's production will no longer by my focus for financial security. I'll make jewelry because it brings me joy, because I must, because I have so many beads to string!

I have no intention of giving up the little house/studio and I trust that the resources required to keep it open and and paid for will simply materialize as necessary.

A few weeks ago, I stepped onto my back porch on a lovely fall morning and surrendered my need to control and be controlled by worry over money. It was a deeply profound surrender of a life long habit of engaging in the illusion that there isn't enough to go around. Or, if you're not careful, you're going to come up short and be humiliated by not having enough. This is my mother's drama, not mine and I hereby relinquish the hold I've kept on that drama.

Worry over money? I let it go! Money is flow, money is energy: it can't be created or destroyed! My intention is to open pathways to multiple streams of energy that flow into my greater river of revenue!!

The cool thing was that after making this surrender, I looked over at a 25 year old above ground deck pool that has brought us much fun, joy and refreshment in the past 13 years. I thought to myself: "that pool is done".

Twenty four hours later is had completely drained! Now I have an empty pool in my backyard! The God Tree must be so happy for all those gallons of water released into it's root system that it may be fed and nourished and quenched!!

No comments: