Tuesday, September 20, 2005

I was born 47 years ago. If my understanding of "time" is accurate, that moment is still occuring because there is no such thing as time, just layer upon layer of infinite moments spinning around the nucleus of what I perceive to be "my life". Time, apparently, is a construct of the human mind and has no actual basis in reality. Time is an illusion humanity created once they learned how to count. If I suspend my beleif that time is actually "passing" then I am no longer attached to the concept that life begins and ends or that aging is a natural fact of "life".

There is an infinite world that we are each capable of creating behind our eyes. I find myself closing my eyes more and when I do there is a vast universe available that has nothing to do with the tile on this table, the chair under my butt or the shoes on my feet. The universe behind my eyes is weightless and my mind and spirit are free to travel where they feel compelled to go, where the energy of my loving heart can be experienced by others as healing.

1 comment:

Connie said...

Thank you to Elaine McFerron of the Writers Studio for inspiring me to create this Blog.