Saturday, September 24, 2005

Soul Blueprint

At the tender age of five or so, I had a mystical experience that on the symbolic level "opened up" my world for me. My sister and I shared a bedroom, two twin beds with a chest of drawers between them. I grew up in Santa Cruz, CA and at the time of the experience, my mother, brother, sister and I were living in a huge old Victorian house. I've often wondered what a family so small was doing in a house so large on "Plum Street".

One night I woke up and the walls in the house had disappeared. I could see through the entire house. When I woke up in the morning, the chest of drawers was no longer against the wall, but turned toward me, blocking my view of my sister. Although the two events could be interpreted as dreams, the memory of this has never felt like a dream. In hindsight, I think this was my first experience as a mystic who can see through the veil of what appears to be "reality". Every night this week, waking up many times during the night, I get the sense that the universe has opened up to me and that the walls of reality have retreated a little more. When it first happened a week ago after the first day of Dana How's workshop, I was a little frightend by the vast expanse before me, but now it doesn't scare me. I think I've reached a new level of consciousness that allows me to go deeper into the world behind my eyes.

And speaking of the world behind my eyes, it is overwhelming sometimes the amount of stimulation we are bombarded with in our culture. For me, today, just the 94 shades of green outside the window is more than enough stimulation! Add the sound of the CPU and the keys clicking on the keyboard, the blower of the a/c unit, the television on two rooms away, and solar chimes tinkling. That's about all I can handle at 8:02am on a Saturday!

No comments: