Monday, April 24, 2006

Dream Journal



Last night I dreamt of shopping at Costco in a wet bathing suit and one flip flop. The dog food we were there to buy cost $44.67 because there was a $20 shipping charge. I picked up a package of steaks and took a bite. Over in the east corner was a big sign that read SALMON.

This from the Medicine Cards (Jamie Sams & David Carson): Salmon: Wisdom/Inner Knowing

"Salmon is the sacred keeper of wisdom and inner knowing who, despite strong river currents, will always return to the place of it's creation. Its determination is driven by the wisdom of instinct and inner knowing, which yields a sense of purpose that cannot be thwarted by external forces. Coming full circle, Salmon medicine people finish what they begin, bringing life's events and cycles to closure.

Salmon medicine honors every encounter in life as a gathering of wisdom.

Behave in a manner that honors your path. The proper use of inner knowing comes when you flow with your authentic feelings, embracing all the experiences you encounter in life as learning lessons rather than hardships. Salmon teaches you to see every bend in the river as a new adventure, with a lesson you need to learn in order to grow. That knowledge becomes authentic wisdom through applying these truths to your life."

Last week in a meditation, I was asked to focus on a natural image and I chose the river behind my house. I was asked to BE that river and it being a tidal river, I described myself thus: "I am fluid and flow in and out, guided by the moon. In sunlight I glisten with sparkling jewels. I nurture and support myriad life forms, but since you cannot see to the bottom, the richness at my core is evident only when tide is low."


Haleleujah in a hard time!

No comments: