Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Remorse. Regret. Shame. Humbled.



Remorse sets in now. Outrage at my own arrogance takes me over and shames me. My blatant and willful disregard for the heart and feelings of others astonishes me, given how much I've invested in my own self-made notion of self-awareness. Arrogance has been one of those characteristics that remain in the shadows....at least to me. Others see it all the time I'm sure.

A few years ago Christo shared a song he'd just heard with me, Norah Jones' , "You Humbled Me, Lord". I've been singing that song for two years now; calling out for a humbling that might help me better understand the nature of pride. This is one of those times that I'm deeply grateful to worship a God of Love and Forgiveness.

2 comments:

Tony Franco said...

Hit the gym Sullen Susan! Excercise releases endorphins so all you need to upend your frown is some squat thrusts and leaning elbow twists.

Remember, there is no such thing as a spiritual journey, just how many heavy dumbells you can lift. Buddha said that.

Connie said...

Thank for the laugh Massive Delts. Ah. Levity.