Friday, January 27, 2006

Caged Dragonfly


(image found at herondance.org)




I dreamt of a dragonfly in a cage, it's wings pressed up against the screened sides. A honeybee buzzed around the cage while a siamese cat watched. In Lakota spirituality, the teachings see dragonfly as Illusion, so to have the dragonfly caged represents my mind being trapped by the boundaries I have created for it. It's pressing against the sides of the cage, perhaps trying to break free. The honey bee buzzing around represents the freedom that's possible when one works for the greater good of the whole and I see the bee as a helper, giving me energy to break out of the cage. The Siamese cat represents the Tibetan buddhist mind, just observing, not threatening any of it. At least I hope so. I didn't get the sense that it was waitng for me to escape so it could eat me.

No comments: