Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Healing with an Open Heart






I continue to grow as a healer. I have been called to minister to the dying by singing to them. It is a deeply profound experience each time I do it. I recorded my first experience with George several posts ago. The second time I sang to a woman named Martha who died within ten minutes of my singing. I had sung, then left the room as her hospice worker checked on her. When I returned she was gone. Let me tell you that it was a profound affirmation that I had found a new calling. I sang to Ann on Sunday. She died yesterday. I sang to Shippie yesterday, and I hope she lingers on this earth longer, so I can spend more time with her beautiful spirit and loving presence. I don't mean to make it seem like it's about me, it is not, but I do seem to have the essence to bring a peace and calm into a room and embrace death with open arms.

I have grown in my own ability to love, to open my heart and to risk having it broken, over and over, if necessary, because an open heart is a vulnerable thing, and I continue to survive heartbreak and then always, I'm rewarded with some amazing new treasure, once my tears have dried, that elevates my spirit to a new level. I have learned that we must approach the wounded in what ever language they are fluent in, and then allow the love to flow out of us into them. I have learned that love is NOT give and take, it is only give: and give, and give. I take comfort in the knowledge that when love received makes it way back, it will undoubtedly be transmuted and tranformed into something more beautiful than anything we could recognize as originating from self, because in fact, it didn't originate from you or me at all, for we are only channels; the conduits of grace God chooses to broadcast the message through. For this I am ETERNALLY grateful!

No comments: