Thursday, February 02, 2006

Personal Theology




I received a copy of Caroline Myss' January Salon newsletter this morning. (myss.com) Her subject is Soul Stamina and she lays it out very clearly that the key to that illusive door is congruency...when your personal theology and your actions are in alignment, then your soul is in a state of congruency and impenetrable to negative forces. This makes a whole lot of sense to me for I surely have learned the vulnerable side of incongruency. She suggests getting down to the business of writing down and defining ones own personal theology. This is where I'm beginning:

Anything is possible at any moment and that includes the seen and unseen, the ordinary and the extraordinary, the imagined and the "real". I believe the forces of good and evil exist in this universe; I put my faith in my personal knowledge that GOOD will always win over evil. I believe that suffering is an integral part of the evolution of the soul. I believe that our souls do not die when our bodies do, but can be reborn over and over until a level of enlightenment is reached at which point it becomes absorbed into a great energy field of wisdom, perhaps something that could be called "GOD". On this planet, at this time, I believe that love is the most powerful force on earth for healing. I believe in karma, simply: that what comes around goes around and the more I can keep that balanced in my conscious life, the happier I will be. I believe that we live as we die and we die as we live and everything else is learning and loving. I believe that historically there have been many, many wise teachers and prophets and that each and every one of us is capable of being channels of DIVINE light and energy and wisdom.

For this I am truly grateful,
Connie

No comments: