Tuesday, August 08, 2006

DREAM JOURNAL



Very intense dream this morning; I was very relieved when I woke up! I was out on a date with a man name Savajeen Alexander. He took me to a coffee shop that was frequented by journalist and news types. I had coffee, but didn't drink it. He left fifty cents on the table. Then I'm outside and a young woman I've never met is laying her life story and woe on me and then she's showing me her room in a boarding house and across from her room is where her daughter Kristy sleeps and I say, "oh, you're a single mother". Then Savajeen is showing me the old house and I didn't realize he was a boarder also. It seems kind of pathetic. I started telling him that I really needed to get home

Then I was driving a car and drove up onto the corner lot at 38th and Colley instead of driving across the intersection. I said "what just happened" and I answered myself, " I really need to concentrate on what I'm doing". So now there's a black woman passenger with me and I start to drive off the lawn, but the tires get a little stuck and I shift into low gear. Suddenly we're on a dirt road, not 38th street and driving through a neighborhood with very unique and funky houses. To the right is this gorgeous verdant green valley and hills rising in the west. I tell my passenger, who is new to town, that we have to find her a house in this valley. I'm amazed that such a place exists in Norfolk and I never knew it.

Then I'm back with the Alexander guy and it's hours later and Chris and Jesse don't know where I am and I'm telling him that I really have to get back home. Then we're on Boissevain, in his car and it's 9:22 am and Amber is dropping a friend off in front of my studio and they hug and kiss and Amber says thanks for leaving this and she's got a lipstick and says "I'll just check this off" and draws boxes on her windshield with the lipstick and puts check marks in the boxes.

Savajeen and I are finally in his car, heading up Colonial Ave and I tell him I absolutely need to be home by 10am because I know that Jesse is now home alone. But then we're at the boarding house again and it's like a maze inside, all these rooms, and no one will listen to me that I really need to leave now and I keep trying to herd Savajeen to the front door but he's always stopping and talking to other people in the house. He is completely oblivious to my needs. I go out the front door and sit in a pond and just starting howling. People in the house look at me and I see that they think I'm nuts.

Then I'm watching a play that this man has directed and when it's finally over I start yelling at him to take me home and we start walking to his car which turns out to be blocks and blocks away. On the ground I find a string of large jade heart beads which are truly beautiful. Then we're in front of a board with listings and he's looking to see what floor of the parking garage his car in on. I'm incredulous that he doesn't even know where he keeps his car. It's on the 8th floor. So we get into a decrepit elevator and start riding up. But instead of coming to his car, we get out on a floor that has a restaurant and once again we're side tracked from my purpose....to get home!!!

And then I wake up.

No comments: