Thursday, September 25, 2008

A bad day


As I suspected, yesterday was really bad for Lucy.  She was lifeless...didn't eat, didn't want her cheese burger and barely drank water.  She had a fever, felt so hot to the touch and then would shiver and shake.  Bless her heart, she is so strong!  Today, you'd never know she was sick.   She shared a chicken wrap with me and when Sharon and her kids came over because a coffin had washed up in the flooding onto their backyard...(another story, not yet completed...) she had mashed potatoes and beef a roni!  So, her apetite is back and whatever infection she was fighting off yesterday, she successfully fought off.  
No walks today, we're weathering a NorEaster here in Norfolk...the flooding is pretty bad and lots of cars are submerged in what used to be parking lots.  I'm always amazed at the drivers who plow through high water only to turn their cars into useless water craft.  
Not surprising, I haven't been feeling well this week....I haven't left Lucy's side for exercise so my body is hurting all over.  Thankfully, I saw my acupuncturist Susan today and she helped a lot.  She gave me a flyer for a Accupuncture Veternarian.  I called her office but she is in China until the end of the month.  If Lucy is still with us then, I will take her for a visit to get a second opinion. 

Pray for Lucy, she is a sweety!

Connie


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You and yours are in our thoughts.