Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Holding her Own


Lucy continues to hold her own.  This has become such a zen experience. I feel so adrift...floating in this space of Lucy dying.  But she's still here and that brings me great joy.  She ate well today, even with a fever.  She took a little walk but the exertion wipes her out.  

My own body is not doing so well with managing this grief and loss.  I haven't been feeling well for about a week now...low energy, pain, lack of ambition.  Just want to sleep.   I recognize these are signs of depression, but I must go forward and be willing to experience this illness of Lucy's in the manner in which I am experiencing it.  

She is with me every day and the joy she continues to bring people is nothing short of astonishing.  She greets 99% of strangers with an exuberant desire to be loved and her cute little hind end tail stub just wiggles and wiggles....Lucy is a delight, as always!


No comments: