Sunday, October 05, 2008

Lucy Update


Lucy continues to behave as though she is living, not dying. I continue to invest my energy and thoughts into her life, not her death.  

The Christians believe that nothing can separate them from God's love, or at least that is what the Bible tells them is truth.  I feel the same with Lucy; in her presence I feel her love, in her absence that love will continue to exist in my heart, in my memory, in the space we have shared.  

I would love for Lucy to be one of those miracle pets who lives for years after a cancer scare, but I recognize that her time on earth is finite, just as mine is and there is a purpose to our pouring our love into our pets who we consciously know will not outlive us.  She is such a beautiful, gentle and loving soul in her essence.  She teaches me continually what it is to be present for all the love coming her way.  I wish you could see Lucy react to a human being entering her space.  Stranger or not, her little tail stub hind end just starts wiggling away and she just magically draws people into her love bubble.  It is so cool to watch.  This dog lives to bring joy to humanity and she does it so effortlessly. OY!  She teaches me so much! 

1 comment:

girlgonethreadwild said...

Love & blessings for Lucy and YOU.

LIFE is but one gigantic miracle.

What a treasure to have crossed paths with you Connie in this universe!
~monica