Thursday, October 16, 2008

Lucy

Hi Ann,
It probably comes as no surprise that someone else sent me the rainbow bridge story as a comment on the blog. It is a sweet story and a lovely image and I have come to the conclusion that unless we create an afterlife for ourselves we probably won't get one, so the rainbow bridge is a great place to start! I look forward to seeing Mitzi, Luna and Lucy running toward me and collectively knocking me down in surrender to be covered with licks and slobber!

Yesterday was sooo sad walking to the studio alone. I realize how much of a "familiar" Lucy has been for me. It's possible that we all have animal spirit guides and Lucy manifested for me when I needed a warm body to hold onto and love and perhaps even create a shield between my broken heart and the world. But my god, the gift of the dream, hours before her death...it's indescribable how comforting the image of us bound together in pure light is.

And your experience, with the lucid dream and your Lucy's presence right there. I have had similar experiences and the deep ecstacy of those moments is almost indescribable isn't it? I'm curious if you were practicing yoga at this time? I have come to believe that the yoga practice opens our minds to such richer and deeper spiritual experiences of all kinds and I would venture a guess that it is because of your practice that YOU were able to manifest your dear Lucy for those moments out of your own deep and profound longing and desire to touch her again. And the miracle Ann, is that we are capable of doing that at any time, but we've been so trained away from our own inate power that we miss the miracles we are capable of manifesting daily Your love and support and prayers on this journey have meant so much to me and thank you for traveling this road with me. Thank you to everyone who have sent comments and condolences. The death of a pet is a universal sorrow, and I share the loss with all who have walked this
road of loving the speechless, furry creatures who fill our days with loving kindness.

Om Shanti,
Connie

No comments: