Friday, September 19, 2008

Lucy 9-18-08


We had a good day, though finding what she's willing to eat is always a challenge. Yesterday I succumbed and procured for the princess a Norfolk delicacy...the cheeseburger from Dog and Burger. There really is nothing better. Just plain: bun, juicy burger and a slice of melted cheese. I bite into it and then she removes the bite from the burger....while driving down the road to home of course.

I was out for several hours last night and the pull of my heart strings was intense. She gets so excited when I get home which sets off a coughing fit and wheezing and more shallow breath. But, she doesn't seem to know she's not well. Her behavior is mostly as it ever was....itching, biting, licking until she tires out and goes back to sleep. The poor dog has had a body that has not served her so well....ear infections, itching feet, itching skin, one has to assume that it's stressful for her to be constantly uncomfortable.

Today she had beef and barley soup and her beard smells like she had beef and barley soup!

I think a bath is in order...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have ordered some of your beads before and I found my way over to your blog. I am so sad to hear about your sweet puppy. I absolutely adore dogs, and your story is heartbreaking. Dogs bring so much joy to our lives. I hope her journey as well as yours is a peaceful one.