Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A good day


Lucy had a good day today.  She had energy for a nice stroll in the park, though she is not using her rear right leg much.  But, she trundles her butt down the street on her three little legs just as fast as she can go.  She loves seeing other dogs and is such a a good girl, I don't keep her leashed anymore if we're close to home and she knows the territory. She's very well behaved and listens to her commands.  I imagine she might be pooped out tomorrow, but for today, all is well.

It was a great food day!  A cheeseburger, licks of ice cream and some grilled tuna for dinner. She loves human food and has always felt she was so far above the whole dog food thing.  I mean,  what a bore, to have the same dry food everyday for an entire life. Wow.  I'd go nuts!  

I've always loved Lucy's size and her soft little body, but I can feel it hardening in places now, especially around her rib cage and her hind end isn't quite right.  Her physicality and her cuddliness I will greatly miss!  We were together all day, except for a few times that she stayed in the car...she likes it there and the weather has cooled and is breezy now so I don't worry about her overheating.

She tried to jump on the bed tonite and missed...it's not small feat since our bed is unnaturally high, even for me!  But that is the behavior that tipped me off initially, that something was not right with her.  I'm so proud of her when she does it but much prefer lifting her onto the bed at the point.  

For my time with Lucy today, I am deeply grateful.  May she be healed and happy and whole, even if death is her final healing.


No comments: