Wednesday, June 14, 2006

5th Chakra



The time has come for me to say what I think I know about the 5th Chakra. I've been hanging out with this for two months now; experiencing things through the energy center located where the spinal column intersects with the base of the brain. This is a very power spot. My yogini Gwen says that it's considered the super highway of the energy system; it's the tunnel where the Divine enters the physical body? Naturally, it's next stop is your heart.

It was pouring here today, torrential Alberto (time for the males to wreak havoc with their fury this year) remnants. Imagine for a moment that every drop of rain that fell on your head today was a drop of Divine energy...liquid gold if you will. There it is dropping right into your crown chakra...right at the top of your head. Imagine now that the gold flows into your brain, stopping off at your third eye, the place just above your eyebrows and fills your brain with pure, white wisdom from the source of all divinity in the universe. Then it flows down to the base of your brain, the top of your spine.

Now is the point where your unconscious mind asks the question: are you going to honor divine wisdom or your own will? This is the essential question to ask when working with the energy of the 5th chakra. Is your neck stiff? Chances are you are blocking off divine wisdom and knowledge and allowing your rational mind to make far too many important decisions for you. It's essential to focus on that third eye, at least a little bit every day to remind your rational mind that you are open to the voices of Divine God/dess even if you're not sure you speak the language.

By the way, you don't need to be exceptionally spiritually intuned to receive guidance, it's available to anyone who makes it their intention to be guided. The key that unlocks the 5th chakra is SURRENDER. I had a big, huge surrender experience in yoga class today. We were in a heart opener pose, or crucifixion pose if you need a visual, and I allowed my 5th chakra to open up as I surrendered my will to the God/dess and agreed to be taken and used for higher purposes that I may not understand. It may be the first time I felt a true feminine presence in my experience of GOD. There has always been a detachment there in my experience, from the male, patriarchal GOD. I've tried and tried, but I just can't make "him" work for me.

I've been holding June 15 in my mind as some major transition day for me. It's been two months of healing from my most recent heartbreak, which means actually feeling and experiencing the pain rather than stuffing it down as it rises. I feel healed. I've been able to transmute that pain into a love that I send out to him, and through this process I've come back into myself, for I had surely taken flight once I jumped off a cliff with a romantic nihilist (oh! the drama of it all!) ;o} I feel whole again, which is the true blessing of June 15, 2006.

I send you love and blessings,
Connie

No comments: