Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Night School



I had a first time visit with an acupuncturist, Susan Sandage yesterday. She was very thorough in garnering background information about my health. When she asked about my sleep patterns and habits, I told her that when I turn off the lights, I immediately begin to silently pray or chant or repeat a mantra and am able to fall asleep easily this way (unless of course, I am manic and obsessive and sleep just isn't even an option). Generally though, I fall asleep around midnight and wake around 4am from a dream. I've blog many dreams in this space and I find that during the full moon, my dreams are illuminated with a clarity that is unique from the rest of the moon's phases. I told her how clear the guidance of my dreams can be at times and she said, "oh, so you're going to night school".

Sleeping and dreaming as Night School!! Isn't that a lovely notion to people like me who feel that life is to be accomplished, not just lived! I've mostly "needed" about eight hours of sleep as an adult and I know there are those individuals who need very little sleep, but I love my sleep/dream time. I'm very attracted to this idea that even though I'm at rest, I'm still learning and experiencing in my dream life. It is said that the mind will believe anything you tell it and that our brains don't differentiate "reality" or imagination or "dreams" as separate experiences; waking, dreaming, hallucinating, imagining, remembering, it's all "real" in our minds. Hence, the very new age idea that we are able to create our own reality!

I've believed for a long time now that the reason I am here is to learn how to become a whole and healed and loving human being. I believe that once I achieve that, in however many life times that's going to take, it is at that point, Nirvana, that my soul will no longer seek a human body and will be absorbed into the greater Divine consciousness some of us know as "God/dess". This is my reality, welcome to it!

May you enroll in Night School,
Connie

No comments: