Tuesday, October 04, 2005

California Home

The trip to California was such a
gift in so many ways. Most importantly, I was able to travel to the
past, plug into all the love that I left behind and bring it with me
into the present and future to use in my healing work. Like you, I
am a mere vessel of humanity and all that comes with it, but truth
says that love is the highest power we are blessed with on this
planet. It's the magic wand that each of us has the capacity to
activate. If you want to create change for the better on this plane,
love is the key and the more you use it, the more powerful and potent
the essence of your work will be.

As a youth, I created a great deal of damage when it came to heart
break. I was not a conscious or awake individual and bounced from
one person to the next, hoping for some connection that felt
authentic. I did not respect my self nor others. I couldn't see what
others saw in me, and I did not know how to forgive myself for the
choices I made that caused pain and suffering for others. So when I
left, I left with shame and embarrassment and very low self-esteem.
And so the journey from that departure back to the geography of the
pain; to the site of my own woundings and those inflicted on others,
was an epiphany of profound importance for me. I contacted Lisa and
Justin and Kim and Laura and Tom and Dave and Kort and Linda and each
of them reflected back to me the qualities that have always been
present in each of us: beauty and sorrow and optimism and tolerance
and humor and good wine and LOVE. And so I return to Virginia, energized by the love that I felt for
those people and the loving kindness they offered me. I am humbled by
the brightness of it all.

No comments: