Monday, October 10, 2005

The prayer that turned me around






When I was pregnant with Jesse, I created a mantra:
"Jesse and I are going to have a smooth and easy birth".
I repeated this mantra to myself dozens of times a day and
as I was falling asleep each night. Jesse and I, indeed, had
a smooth and easy birth experience. Seems your
mind will believe and create anything you tell it to.

After he was born, I felt a void in my mind where my mantra had
previously been. I wrote this prayer to fill the space:

I, Connie, have complete and total faith in the universe
to provide me with all that I need for a full and happy life.
Thank you God for my life.
And to the source that dwells within me, I honor my higher self.
Guide me gently through night's dreaming until dawn's light comes streaming.
And through the day, please make me aware,
of all the wonderful things available to me here,
on Earth.
Amen.

No comments: