Saturday, October 15, 2005

Letter to a budding creative artist:

I can't tell you how thrilled I am to hear you brought in $650 your first time out. It takes tremendous courage to do what you did, which was put your creative ass ( i.ei. root chakra) on the line and invite the acceptance or rejection of your work in a public venue. As I said in my most recent missive, measure your success by the joy you experienced in the creation of a work of art that reflects who you are to the people that encounter you and your product.

I'm very impressed by your acumen. I see you as a highly intuitive creative artist with a lot to say in very few words. This is the true beauty of the whole "patchwork" genre. Your market is to those who recognize that on a cosmic level, we are only a sum of our parts and experience. For me, that is symbolized in stringing beads together in an endless circle....no beginning...no end: for you that is manifested in the patching together, with great precision, the fabric of our lives, (oh christ, I'm sounding like a cotton commercial!! ;o}) into these gorgeous vessels of what we are capable of carrying in terms of JOY! and LOVE! (in a tote on your shoulder).

My prayer for you is that this journey will reveal to you that the qualities of JOY and LOVE are completely capable of transforming your world and those who are touched by it. You are a mirror to what you encounter; whatever it is you are creating is defined by those who are attracted to it. Look for the beauty there, it is infinite and what you give to it is unfathomable in this amazing world we live in.

You've been handed the magic wand of LOVING WHAT YOU DO. Use it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.